Setup the all-new RBR50v2 with Orbilogin.com
To log in and setup you have to install the Orbi App in your device that is going to be used as the setup device of your Orbi RBR50v2 router and the satellite. First of all, go to any of the play stores and search for the Orbi application.
Once you get the App, click to download, and once the downloading process starts, you have to sit patiently for a while until the completion of the downloading process. After that click to install the app. once downloaded launch the app. After launching the app, you have to create an account with the NETGEAR Orbilogin.com ACCOUNT.
If you already have an account, then you can continue signing in with that account, else you need to create a new one. Type your email ID, and then the password at the given blanks, and then tap on to GET STARTED. You will get a window, asking to install a new NETGEAR product, select YES. and go next by following the below-mentioned steps.
Steps to install the RBR50v2 Orbi Router & Satellite
- After clicking on the New Netgear Product, you will again get a prompt, asking for “Orbi wants to access your Camera” select OK to allow Orbi to access your camera in order to scan the QR code that is available on your Orbi router. This will help you later for connecting to the Orbilogin.com WIFI Network.
- As the camera will prompt, scan the available QR code on your router, then reboot your modem. First, unplug the internet modem, and then remove the backup batteries, and then insert the batteries again. Now plug your internet modem back to the power outlet. Wait till it gets started.
- Now take the Ethernet cord, and plug at the back of your Orbi RBR50v2 router’s internet yellow port. Then plug in the power adapter from the router to the power supplying outlet to turn it on. Also press the power button.
- Now, you are required to place and plug your Orbi satellite, in a location, where it could easily get the WIFI signal from the router. After setting up the RBR50v2 satellite, plug the satellite with a power outlet to turn it on. Allow a few minutes to them to fully boot up.
- Once the RBRv2 satellite has powered on, it must have a solid blue light over and around the edges of the top of the router’s ring.
- A solid blue light indicates a strong connection with your router, but if there is an amber or a magenta LED light, that means the router and the satellite have not been connected with each other in a fully functioning manner. You need to bring both the devices a little closer to each other.
- Now the Orbi app will try to connect with the pre-configured orbilogin.com WIFI network. In case the QR code option fails to connect your Orbi router with the network, then you need to be connected with the default Orbi network, printed on your Orbi network.
- To get connected with the network, through the default, open a web browser and enter www.Orbilogin.net at the address bar. At the appeared window, type the printed username and the passcode on your ORBI RBR50v2 router. Hence, you will be connected with the network.
Once connected to the network, your ORBI app will search for the satellites, if not then move your satellites slightly closer to each other.
How to personalize the new Obilogin.com WIFI network?
- Go to the WIFI SETTINGS, and create a new WIFI network. At the blank line of SSID, enter the new and unique SSID for your WIFI network, and then just below of this line you have to enter a personalized and strong password that none of the others except you can break it.
- There will be an option, that you want to use the same password for the login of your ADMIN PANEL, if you wish to click yes, then turn on this option.
- If you wish to have a separate admin password, then go next to set up a new admin password. Your ADMIN password is used to securely login to your router when you are on the local network to make changes or updates.
- We recommend turning on the option “Remember Me” so that you won’t have to login again and again. Otherwise, each time you’ll login to your ADMIN PANEL, it will ask for the password and user ID.
After setting up the admin password, click next to get the security questions. These security questions will help you to reset the login credentials, in case you forget in the future. Then click next to apply your new settings. Great! your new settings are now being applied to your Orbilogin.com WIFI network.