Orbi Page Access
Orbi router & satellite guide
Orbi series routers are one of the best and highly reliable networking devices from Netgear. Besides being sophisticated in their designs, Orbi routers and satellites are very high-speed networking equipment and quite easy to access and set up. Orbi router login and setup can be done by accessing its web user interface through the web address www.orbilogin.com and through its default IPs which are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
Setting up the Orbi router and satellite RBS20-100NAS AC2200
Netgear has not only provided these premium sets of routers but also their easy and quick set up methods. There are basically two ways to get into your Orbi router’s setup interface for the configuration. These methods are accessing the interface through www.orbilogin.com and accessing through the Orbi Netgear mobile and PC application. This Orbi application can be downloaded on both the Android play store and the Apple app store.
The Netgear Orbi application is also available on the Windows operating system. It is recommended to use this Netgear Orbi application for the quick and convenient Orbi router and satellite setup.
Netgear RBS20-100NAS AC2200 Orbi router setup via Orbi app
The initial most tasks to do is download and install the Orbi app on your smartphone or computer device from either of the app stores you are using.
- Once you have installed the Orbi router application on your smartphone, there you will have certain options regarding the orbi router modifications.
- But before, you can proceed on with the Orbit router and satellite set up, you will need to have a valid and working Netgear/ Orbi account. If you don’t have an Orbi/Netgear account, then sign up for it.
- Fill in all of your details at the Orbi router login portal and remember the login credentials of your Netgear account.
- Now, reboot your existing modem properly and connect it to the Internet port (yellow port). Also, connect the modem and Orbi router again to their respective power supplies and wait for them to get stable.
- Plugin the power supply of the Orbi satellite and try to place somewhere in the middle of the home or office from where you want it to broadcast the wifi signals more efficiently.
- Now, open the Orbi app and sign in with your Orbi account. Grant permission to your Orbi app for camera access and scan the QR code of your Orbi router so that you can get connected to the Orbi network later without any hassle.
- You have to wait for the Orbi router and the satellite devices to fully boot up after switching them on and they will get connected to each other automatically within a minute or so.
- Once stable, the Orbi satellite should show solid blue light in its ring LED, if this light is magenta, then the signal strength is fair and you might want your satellite to be moved near to the Orbi router.
- Now, the Orbi application will try to connect to the existing and preconfigured Orbi wifi network if the Orbi router has been successfully added through that QR code.
The next thing your Orbi app will do is to detect the Orbi satellite/s and get connected to them. Now, you can customize your Orbi wifi network and you are ready to use the lightning-fast networks.
Frequently Asked Questions.
In order to update your Orbi router, you will need to do the following procedure mentioned below.
- Firstly, you will be required to connect your smartphone to the Orbi wifi mesh system.
- Now, launch the Orbi application on your smartphone and log into the Orbi router’s wifi network with the login credentials that you have set up earlier.
- Navigate to the top-left corner of the Orbi application and there you will see the Menu icon, tap it.
- Select the “settings” tab and then select the “router settings” tab. Tap the “check for updates” tab and the orbi application will itself display the “Update firmware” tab instead.
- Just tap the “update firmware” tab and your Orbi router’s firmware will be updated in few minutes. Just make sure that you allow your Orbi router to reboot properly in between.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process and make any change if require otherwise.
Some Orbi router and satellite models have been listed below.
- Netgear RBS20 AC2200 100NAS Tri-band Wi-Fi router
- NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band RBK23 router (Mesh)
- NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK13) –
- NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50) – Router & Extender
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK23W IEEE 802.11ac Ethernet Wireless Router
Yes, absolutely you can use your Orbi router alone without any additional devices like Orbi satellites. But in order to be able to use the Orbi router alone, you will be required to set the “router-only” configurations set while configuring your Orbi router.
Orbi satellite is no more than a high end and sophisticated range repeating device from Netgear in its Orbi series. Its main purpose is to carry forward the existing wifi network in other parts of the homes or offices where your Orbi router cannot broadcast the wifi signals.
Yes, the Orbi router and satellites can also be configured by accessing their user web interface through this custom web address www.orbilogin.com provided by Netgear.
Well, in that case, you surely have the Orbi mobile and desktop application but on the odd chance of that app also malfunctioning, what you are left with is to try to access the Orbi router with their default IPs which can either be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
Netgear regularly releases some new updates for their devices and try to make sure that its consumers have one of the best networking experiences. There are some of the best features and functionalities being added with every update. To make sure that the users don’t miss out on any of these additional features and crucial updates, always keep your orbi device updated with the latest firmware.
The orbi firmware update includes two parts basically. These have been listed below.
Users have to download the updated firmware for both the Orbi router and the satellite separately.
Then update the firmware of your Orbi router and Orbi satellite separately.
Where you can find the firmware update for your Orbi Tri-band RBK50 router and satellite?
You can download and save the Orbi router and satellite’s from the Netgear download center in the downloads section after quoting in the exact device model numbers for the respective devices.
Read the instructions carefully listed below for Orbi router firmware update
- Make sure that your Orbi router is connected to the computer system with the help of an Ethernet cord.
- Now, open the web browser and enter the web link orbilogin.comand authorize the login page with a username and password that you have set up.
- Now, click Advanced>Admin>Firmware update tab and a small window will pop up asking you to locate and open the firmware update file that has been downloaded earlier.
- The orbi router firmware update will be initiated itself and will be done in a few minutes.
How far can be the Orbi satellite kept from the Orbi router?
The Orbi satellite can ideally be kept at a distance of 70-80 feet only after its initial setup. However, it is to be noted here when the Orbi satellite is being configured with the router in the first place, it should be kept nearer to the router preferably up to 30 feet from the router.
Yes, the Orbi mobile and computer application are available for almost all the operating system platforms i.e. Windows, Android and IOS (Apple).
The blue pulse LED indicates that your orbi satellite and Orbi router are syncing with each other and you need to wait. Once it gets stable, this means that your Orbi router and satellite have been synced with each other properly and have an excellent connection with each other.
If your Orbi router or satellite has solid or even pulse magenta lights, this means that you have a lower or even nil connection wireless strength between the Orbi router and the Orbi satellite.