Orbi firmware update [ Faqs ]
How do I update Orbi?
In order to update your Orbi router, you will need to do the following procedure mentioned below.
- Firstly, you will be required to connect your smartphone to the Orbi wifi mesh system.
- Now, launch the Orbi application on your smartphone and log into the Orbi router’s wifi network with the login credentials that you have set up earlier.
- Navigate to the top-left corner of the Orbi application and there you will see the Menu icon, tap it.
- Select the “settings” tab and then select the “router settings” tab. Tap the “check for updates” tab and the orbi application will itself display the “Update firmware” tab instead.
- Just tap the “update firmware” tab and your Orbi router’s firmware will be updated in few minutes. Just make sure that you allow your Orbi router to reboot properly in between.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process and make any change if require otherwise.
Some Orbi router and satellite models have been listed below.
- Netgear RBS20 AC2200 100NAS Tri-band Wi-Fi router
- NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band RBK23 router (Mesh)
- NETGEAR Orbi Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK13) –
- NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Home Mesh WiFi System (RBK50) – Router & Extender
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK23W IEEE 802.11ac Ethernet Wireless Router
How do I update the Orbi firmware manually without the Orbi app in Orbi Tri-band RBK23 router and satellite?
Netgear regularly releases some new updates for their devices and try to make sure that its consumers have one of the best networking experiences. There are some of the best features and functionalities being added with every update. To make sure that the users don’t miss out on any of these additional features and crucial updates, always keep your orbi device updated with the latest firmware.
Updating the firmware of your Orbi devices without the Orbi application is not much of a difficult task. Users have the option of getting their Orbi device updated with the latest firmware by accessing their Orbi device’s interface through web address www.orbilogin.com.
The orbi firmware update includes two parts basically. These have been listed below.
Users have to download the updated firmware for both the Orbi router and the satellite separately.
Then update the firmware of your Orbi router and Orbi satellite separately.
Where you can find the firmware update for your Orbi Tri-band RBK50 router and satellite?
You can download and save the Orbi router and satellite’s from the Netgear download center in the downloads section after quoting in the exact device model numbers for the respective devices.
Read the instructions carefully listed below for Orbi router firmware update
- Make sure that your Orbi router is connected to the computer system with the help of an Ethernet cord.
- Now, open the web browser and enter the web link orbilogin.comand authorize the login page with a username and password that you have set up.
- Now, click Advanced>Admin>Firmware update tab and a small window will pop up asking you to locate and open the firmware update file that has been downloaded earlier.
- The orbi router firmware update will be initiated itself and will be done in a few minutes.
How far can be the Orbi satellite kept from the Orbi router?
The Orbi satellite can ideally be kept at a distance of 70-80 feet only after its initial setup. However, it is to be noted here when the Orbi satellite is being configured with the router in the first place, it should be kept nearer to the router preferably up to 30 feet from the router.
What do the LED ring lights indicate in the Orbi satellite?
The blue pulse LED indicates that your orbi satellite and Orbi router are syncing with each other and you need to wait. Once it gets stable, this means that your Orbi router and satellite have been synced with each other properly and have an excellent connection with each other.
What does solid magenta or pulse magenta lights indicate?
If your Orbi router or satellite has solid or even pulse magenta lights, this means that you have a lower or even nil connection wireless strength between the Orbi router and the Orbi satellite.